Thursday, April 22, 2010

On Psalm 73

My Cup Overflows

My faith, like the ocean,
    tiptoes up and down the beach
Your love, like the sand,
remains always within reach.

My eye sees your empty hand
   its scars are full of grace.
My arm extends, its reach too short
  and misses your embrace.

Futilely I wander on begging for a penny
 when you've give wealth untold
 I think I haven't any.

The brightest sunlight on my face
  eclipsed by Your immeasurable grace
   - like a waterfall that cuts through a drought -
Lord, you have blessed me to the brim
and blessed me with without.

-jm


 Whom have I in heaven but you?
       And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
  My flesh and my heart may fail,
       but God is the strength of my heart
       and my portion forever.
 Psalm 73:25-26

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I absolutely love this.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive